Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First I would like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRI, you are 21 today, and I hope your day is a very good day - enjoy, celebrate and be safe...

Brianna's unit lost their first soldier, this month and it was hard for everyone in the unit - Spc Cauley, will be forever an American Hero and missed. On October 7th, His truck hit a road side device, and at first they thought there was only 2 wounded, I was okay enough to stay at the base and Cauley was being flown out to Germany, somewhere between Afghanistan and Germany - they saw Cauley had more serious injuries than they thought, and he did not make it to Germany. They had a memorial for him on Friday October 16th at Leatherneck and he was flown back home and his service was on Tuesday October, 20th. It was a very sad day for all.

Brianna is doing okay and the unit is continuing their missions. They are all very strong people and I hope God watches over them all to keep them safe.

Bri said they got treated, Outback Steakhouse flew over there and fed the a meal filled with Steak, lobster and shrimp and that a few Celebrities were ther too - she got pictures and autographs from them and said they all really needed that treat. They got to play games and have just a fun & realxing night.

I know she has been very busy, and I don't get to hear from her much but believe me when I do it is the most awesome thing in the world, just to see her typing words or actually hearing her voice. She says thank you to every on who has been keeping her in their prayers & thoughts, and she really has been enjoying her letters and care packages from home, in her words she said they are just amazing Mom they really are. So thank you to each of you who cont. to send her letters and boxes and keep her and her unit in your prayers, as a mom I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I will write more later, but I just wanted to say Please take a moment and think about the 114th Trans Co Wolfpack, and Bri and if you get time tell Bri Happy 21st Birthday as she is spending in the desert, and living the dream. Happy Birthday my Soldier Girl. JUst stay safe, be strong, Army Strong, work as a team so all of you can come home, I will have the party going on that day!!!

Bri's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment